Caring for our children’s health
At A sonreir, we believe that the education, care and time dedicated by parents to their children´s health are a very important step in order to get a good oral health among others.
We also like to remind them that a broad and healthy smile is very related to a good self-esteem, and therefore the youngsters´ possible success.
Below we provide you with a general and easy outline of our tips:
- Starting with a good example.
- Brushing and use of dental floss (dental floss must be used once patient is 14 years old). Help your child with brushing at least once a day.
- At least one visit per year for a dental exam. Accompanying their father/mother/older siblings may be very positive for their subsequent follow-up visits.
- Having refined sugar only on special occasions.
- Using positive reinforcement in order to eliminate significant bad habits: finger, nails, pacifier (once they are 3-4 years old).
- Avoiding chewing gum, since doing it for more than 2/3 minutes a day may develop problems with the joint and undesirable wear.